Provides consulting services upon request for integrated marketing communications and business intelligence, using languages and cross-cultural training, research, and development for customers, clients, and queries.
Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow purchased by Mr. Roberto Hung and his eldest daughter, son-in-law Nathan S. Wittler Patriquin from September 2nd, 1993 through September 2nd, 1996 at the corner of Westmore-Meyers Road and Washington Boulevard, one block northeast of St. Pius X Catholic Church, and one block southwest from Westmore Elementary School in the Village of Lombard, DuPage County, Illinois 60148 USA. The Hung Family Garden has native DuPage County perennials, classic Chinese woody peonies, lavender, Sensation Lilacs, syringa vulgaris, fragrant Miss Kim lilac bushes, forsythia bushes, Canterbury bells, lilies of the valley borders, strawberries, allium, bleeding hearts, and other gardeners' collectibles.
From the19th century to the 20th and 21st century
1927 was a vintage year for memorable, auspicious events and dates to remember…
The year 1927 coincides with the construction of the Lombard Brick Bungalow at 502 S. WestmoreAvenueand Washington Blvd. , in time for theLilac FestivalatLilacia Parkin theVillage of Lombard, Du Page County,Illinois, USA.During 1927, Lombard lived through a building contracts boom for community development, expansion and growth.
In1927, “the Grandaddies Sol Kogen andEdgar Millerin Old Town Chicago, renewed their friendship from theSchool of the Art Instituteand joined efforts in rehabbing old buildings with recyclable materials, to be used as studios”—according to Dennis Rodkin,Chicago Reader, in the Nest Issue, “Chicago architecturewas booming in 1927.”The original Carl Street Studios were erected in 1927 and bears Sol Kogen’s name at 155 W. Carl Street , know today as Burton Place inChicago, Illinois.
Eighty-one years ago establishes a milestone for the Modernist style of architecture featuring Art Deco, Nouveau Art, stained glass windows, glass etchings, beveled and leaded glass, in the Italianate style, as well as mosaics, frescoes, and architectural interior designs.
1927 marks the year when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was founded.
The telegraph and the telephone were used for “speedy communications”.
During March 19, 1927, the Village of Lombard issued new building permits in demand for the great expansion and growth of Babcock’s Grove, since 1833, when Ralph and Morgan Babcock traveled west of Chicago to secure land for the Church Deacon, Winslow Churchill and his family, in Du Page County, Illinois, USA.
In 1869, Babcock’s Grove was incorporated when Josiah P. Lombard, one of the village’s main landowners, lent his name to the new municipality, known today as the Village of Lombard , according to town historian Jean Van Rensselar.
At the turn-of-the-century, the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow at 502 S. Westmore Avenue and Washington Blvd. was owned by the Ahrens Family as a subdivision of part of the block “A” in Robertson’s Westmore, according to the Plat recorded June 1st, 1922 by the Du Page County Recorder of Deeds Office.Both Mary Ahrens and Emil Ahrens lived at this Lombard Historic Brick home during 1929 and 1930, according to property records.
Warranty Deedin Trust, R75-64744, Recorded in Du Page County , 1975 Nov 20 PM12:30
This indenture witnesseth, that the Grantor Lucille Hornbeck, a.k.a. Lucille A. Hornbeck, a widow and not since remarried, of the County of Du Page and State of Illinois for and in consideration of the sum of Ten and 0/100 dollars, $10.00, in hand paid, and of other good and valuable considerations, receipt of which, hereby, is duly acknowledged to Convey and Warrant unto La Grange State Bank, a banking corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Illinois, s Trustee under the provisions of a certain Trust agreement, dated the 8thday of November 1975 and known as Trust Number 2834, the following described real estate in the County of Du Page and State of Illinois, to wit:
Parcel 1: Lot eighty (80) in Robertson’s Westmore, a subdivision of part of the West half of the South West quarter of Section nine (9), Township thirty-nine (30) North, Range eleven (11) East of the ThirdPrincipal Meridian, lying South of the right of way line of the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railroad Company,according to the Plat thereof recorded June 1st1922, as document 15681, in Du Page County, Illinois.
Parcel 2: Lot A in Washington Manor being a Subdivision of part of Block “A” in Robertson’s Westmore, a Subdivision of that part of the West half of the Southwest quarter, lying South of the right of way of theChicago Aurora and Elgin Railroad, of Section 9, Township 39 North, Range 11, East of the Third Principal Meridian, according to the Plat of said Washington Manorrecorded February 17, 1959 as document 912579, and Certificate recorded on April 20, 1959, as Document 919712, in Du Page County, Illinois.
During 1922, when the Ahrens recorded this property deed: a building ordinance was passed in the Village of Lombard , the superintendent of construction was appointed, and the Lombard village board studied zoning ordinance.There were 2,200 acres in Du Page County, subdivided into residential lots—old farms were being subdivided.According to the late Mrs. Steben, my elderly next-door neighbor, “the area was old farm land withhorse stables, surrounded by corn fields”.
More petitions for new subdivisions were presented in 1922.At the time, the Lombard trustees forecasted the expansion and uncontrolled growth.There were dirt roads and muddy paths—“some sections were inundated by spring rains”.According to Lillian Budd, Lombard historian,The Lombard Newssummarized, “…clamoring for water in pipes, while at the same time battling water not in pipes.”Some property owners laid water mains at their own expense, then asked permission to connect with the village water system.The Village of Lombard planned street paving afterwards in 1922.
During March 19, 1927, the Village of Lombard issued new building permits.By June 1927, eight (8) more building permits were issued.At the time, property values in Lombard increased—“one vacant lot more than tripled in value, within one year”.
Colonel William R. Plum, died on April 28, 1927, duringLilac Time.Upon his death, the Estate of Colonel Plum and his wife, Helen M. Plum was bequeathed to the Village of Lombard , for a public park, known today as Lilacia Park , in 2008.TheLombard Park Districtwas established on September 26, 1927 in Du Page County, Illinois, USA.
Eighty-six years later, there are still Lombard resident senior citizens living today to celebrate their anniversaries in Lilac Town .Last Friday, August 29, 2008, theLombard Spectatorreported that there is still a need for water main construction on Meyers Road, between 22ndStreet and 16thStreet for the installation of a new water transmission main on Meyers Road at the York Center—to be completed in two (2) months, according to the Lombard Public Works Department, engineer Frank Kalisik.The Lombard water transmission main is designed for a water booster station to process about4,000 feet of water, locally.This is not a water main to the Lombard residents’ homes.
TheLombard Spectatorwas first published in 1927 by Frank T. Jirsa, Jr.On June 16, 1927, the Lilac Town voice became “Devoted to the interests of Lombard—“a Village of Homes ”.This local newspaper brought attention to Lilac Town as the Village of Lombard , founded in 1869.
According to Lombard history, the Ahrens Family can be traced back to the German Lutheran brothers Ehler and Friedrich Ahrens, who helped to buildTrinity Lutheran Church School, “schulgemeinde”, onRoosevelt Roadand Wisconsin street , York Center .On June 15, 1868, the Ahrens brothers joined Jobst Goltermann, Henry and Friedrich Goltermann, and Heinrich Meyer to provide for the Trinity Lutheran Church School and congregation at the York Center , in Babcock’s Grove, before the Village of Lombard was incorporated, in 1869.The original twelve (12) Lutherans who erectedTrinity Lutheran Churchat Roosevelt and Meyers Road were:three (3) Goltermann brothers, two (2) Ahrens brothers, Fr. Meyer, H. H. Hogrefe, J. Uhlhorn, W. Woltermann , D. Scharlau, F. Schumaker, and H. Niemann.
One hundred and forty years have passed now in 2008 since that fateful day.Now Trinity Lutheran Church and School celebrate the 140thanniversary of serving the Village of Lombard community and the Lutheran congregation at York Center , in Du Page County, Illinois, United States of America.
The Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow is Timeless for a Vintage Year:1927, Modern Times, from the19thCenturyand20thCenturyTo The21stCentury.This Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow has remained at the corner of Westmore Avenue and Washington Blvd. since the Ahrens Family built the Lombard property in 1927.
Two centuries later, on September 2nd, 1993, Mr. Roberto Hung, Sr. with his daughter and son-in-law purchased the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow from Debra Y. Sekrecki, with an initial down payment of $2,000, asearnest moneypaid by personal check, added to the total cash payment of $88,000 at a fixed interest rate not to exceed 8.00% per year, amortized over a period of fifteen (15) years.At the time, Debra Y. Sekrecki had two (2) children, a boy and a girl, lived with Stella, the tenant upstairs, and father Adam Sekrecki.
Three months before, on July 11, 1993, Mr. Roberto Hung signed aStandard Residential Sales Contractfrom theDu Page Association of Realtorsin agreement to purchase the Lombard real estate property at 502 S. Westmore Avenue inLombard, Illinois60148-3028 , owned by seller Debra Y. Sekrecki.The original closing date was scheduled on September 11, 1993.However, Roberto Hung was called by telephone to appear sooner on September 2nd, 1993, at 3:30 p.m., at the law office of Alan Dakoff, Telephone:708-966-0488, located at 9291 North Maryland, inNiles, Illinois60714 , U.S.A.
Century 21,Action Real Estateprovided aBuyer Service Pledgepresented by Steve Block, Telephone:630-627-5500, and Dino, the real estate agent with Roberto Hung, who signed in agreement.Afterwards, Roberto Hung received a copy of Rider 412,Buyer’s Inspectionwhich he signed as buyer with Debra Sekrecki, as seller.
In 1993,Century 21,Action Real Estatedescribed in a listing the Highlights of the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow at the corner of Westmore Avenue and Washington Blvd., owned by Debra Y. Sekrecki with tenant Stella.At the time, the Du Page CountyReal Estate Taxeswere only $2,744 for thebrick house.After Roberto Hung purchased the same Lombard Brick House, the Lombard property taxes doubled for more than $4,000, without providing the senior citizensHomestead Exemption.
This Lombard Brick Home is locatednear Westmore Elementary School and St. Pius X Church School, Jackson Middle School , andWillowbrook High School.
George Hornbeck’s Parcel No. 06-09-315038 is a subdivision, spacious 4-bedroom brick home with a second floor in-law or potential income arrangement.There are nine (9) room available with hardwood floors.Full finished basement.Front and rear enclosed porches for added living space.Fully fenced yard with a gas grill.There is a 2-car garage.Public transportation is available.This Lombard home is close to school and shopping, near the Eastgate Center and State of Illinois facilities for the Secretary of State Vehicle Licenses Center and the Illinois Employment and Training Center (I.E.T.C.).
Action Real EstateforCentury 21was serving Du Page andCook countiesat theLombardPines Shopping Center, 1125-JSouth MainStreet, Lombard, Illinois60148, in care of realtor Dino.
On September 2nd, 1996, Mr. Roberto Hung completed full cash payment of the Lombard Brick Home atMaple Park State Bank, witnessed by his daughter, Gardenia C. Hung, and the bank manager.Mr. Roberto Hung and his eldest daughter, married to Nathan S. Wittler, improved this Lombard Brick house by adding oak cabinets, an exterior halogen flood night light, (2) automatic garage door openers, changed all door locks, added gardening landscaping, apple trees orchard, and perennial flowers, and exotic plant species.
Specifications for the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow:
Living Room:25.4X 11.10 sq. ft.
Dining Room:13.1X 13.2sq. ft.
Kitchen:11.6X 10.8sq. ft.
Master Bdrm:11.10 X 10.6sq. ft.
Bedroom: 11.3X10.0sq. ft.
Bedroom: 15.8X10.0sq. ft.
Living Room:13.10 X12.2sq. ft.
Utilities in the Basement.Basement Full Finished.Storage Rooms: 2.Closets: 10
Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie.A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, page 97.Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976American RevolutionCentennial Project.First Edition.Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.
1996 Lombard Community Directory.“Lombard:The Lilac Village ” by Jean Van Rensselar, page 2.
Du PageCounty Recorder of Deeds, Fred Bucholz, Assisted by Jan, andSupervisorLeslie on Tuesday, June 19th, 2007, 11AM at the Jack T. Knuepfer Administration Building, 421 North County Farm Road, Wheaton, Illinois60187-0936 USA.2007Real Estate Title DeedResearch by Gardenia C. Hung, M.A., for Lombard Real Estate, 502 S. Westmore-Meyers Road and Washington Blvd., Lombard, Illinois, 60148-3028 USA.P.I.N. 06-09-315-038on June 21st, 2007, 12PM.
Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie.A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, page 175.Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Centennial Project.First Edition.Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.
Lombard Spectator.“ Lombard :Meyers to be tied up with water main work”, page 10.Press Publications, Friday, August 29, 2008 LVP.
Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie.A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, pages 195-6.Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Bicentennial Project.First Edition.Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.
Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie.A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, page 120.Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Bicentennial Project.First Edition.Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.