Gardenia C. Hung, M.A.
Post Office Box 1274
Lombard, IL 60148
Active communications professional, responsible project manager, who is able to manage multiple tasks with accountability, responsiveness, and creativity. Multilingual communicator and expressive individual. Creative designer for product presentations, ideas, and projects. Media arts professional who is able to visualize ideas, thoughts, and projects and express the same in various media formats. Researcher, developer, and analyst for project study programs.
To secure professional employment as a communications project manager in a corporate environment to implement the company’s goals and objectives, applying core competencies acquired through employment experience in the following:
• Project Management for Communications
• Technical Communications
• Communication with Diplomacy and Tact
• Communications Media Arts Consulting
• Communications Faculty Researcher and Developer for Project Study Programme
• Faculty Development for Curriculum Designed Courses and Objectives
• Corporate Communications Media Marketing
• Translation and Interpreting in English, French, Spanish
• Cross-Cultural Ethnography
• Business Intelligence Analysis
• Integrated Marketing Communications
• Emergency Services—First Aid, CPR, AED, Search Rescue
• Health Food Nutrition—Organic, Herbal, Natural Wholesome Foods, Teas, etc.
University of Illinois at Chicago
M.A. in Communications, Rhetoric, Ethnography, Theatre 1985
Dissertation: Published Ethnography and Research for Cross-Cultural Thesis. “The Chinese in Cuba”
Honors: Dissertation passed “with Distinction”, GPA
Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago
B.A. in Education, Communications, English, Spanish, French, Writing 1982
Thesis: “Individualized Differences Education for the Student in Secondary Education”
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn
Associate Degree in Adult Education. Honors 2000
Areas of Concentration: Communication, Adult Learner
Honors, GPA: “Accelerated Learning and the Adult Student”
• Abraham Lincoln Fellowship, University of Illinois at Chicago 1983 – 1984
• Chinese American Service League Certificate, Volunteer Service, Chicago 1983 – 1984
• Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago 1981 – 1982
• Laval University Scholarship, Québec, Canada 1981 – 1982
• Mecklenburger Scholarship, Northeastern Illinois University 1977 – 1980
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Faculty – “Communications for Health Care Professionals” English/Spanish 1997 – 2000
Developed syllabus and overall course structure, and administered all grades.
Adjunct Faculty – “Developmental Writing”
Developed syllabus and overall course structure, and administered all grades.
Communications Faculty – English 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 1998– 2000
Developed syllabus and overall course structure, including weekly lab practicum,
and administered all grades.
Faculty – Business Professional Institute Adult Education Programme 1997-2000
Collaborated on curriculum and exam development, met with students upon request,
and graded all written work, including final exam papers.
Communications, Languages & Culture, Inc., Illinois, U.S.A.
Editorial support, including developmental and copy editing of their internal online and printed documentation. 1993 - Present
Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ICTFL)
Compiled cross-cultural and language study reports, including analytical and global market trends, to track the cross-cultural linguistic exchanges and language-acquisition practices. 1995 - Present
Federation Internationale de Traducteurs (FIT), Vancouver, Canada 2002
Compiled reports, including projections, statistical and market trends, to track the growth and development for integrated marketing communications, socio-economic and political changes, from local to global trends, “glocally”.
Ethnographer and Language Consultant
Translated American-English external cross-cultural web site content to French, Spanish. 1993 - Present
Communications Media Arts
Writer, Editor, Publisher, Digital Media Professional
Provided written feature articles for professional publications, newsletters, associations, brochures, internet web sites, frequently-asked questions, communications media arts.
1998 - Present
PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS
• “A Cross-Cultural Perception of the World Through Language Communication”
Guest faculty speaker at 2002 Conference for the Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Springfield, Illinois, 15th Anniversary Festivities
• “Interpreting and Translation as Communication Processes for the 21st Century”
Proposal/Dissertation presented at FIT 2002, XVI World Congress of the International Federation of Translators. Meeting of International Translators and Interpreters, Vancouver Canada 2002
• “Interpret and Translate to Communicate”. Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Springfield, Illinois, Fall, October 2002
• “How Are Languages Used as Communication Tools in the Twenty-First Century”
Paper presented to the Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Itasca, IL 2001
• “Communicate: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing”. “Add Value to Your Life, Learn a Second Language”. Guest Faculty Presenter for the Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Itasca, Du Page County, Illinois, Fall, October 2000
• English – Excellent usage as native language for speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
• French – Excellent usage for speaking/listening fluently, reading/writing with high proficiency
• Spanish– Excellent usage for speaking/listening fluently, reading/writing with high proficiency
• Portuguese – Basic competence to speak, listen, read, and write.
• Italian – Basic competence to speak, listen, read, and write.
• State of Illinois Teaching Certificate, U.S.A.
• U.S. Federal Certification for Interpreting Medical Reports, Chicago, Illinois.
• Notary Law Institute, Notary Law Seminar for the State of Illinois in Downers Grove.
• American Management Association, Certificate for “Communicating with Diplomacy and Tact.”
• American Management Association, Certificate for “Technical Writing.”
• Université de Montréal, Certificate for Legal Interpreting, Canada.
• Université de Montréal, Certificate for Consecutive Interpretation in the Courtroom, Canada.
MEDIA PRODUCTIONS: DIGITAL VIDEO, FILMING, DIRECTING, EDITING, PRODUCTION
• DV: Medical Spanish for Health Care Professionals at Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, Illinois.
Taught and developed 10-week programme for the College of DuPage, Business Professional Institute, Fall 2000, Glen Ellyn, Illinois, U.S.A.
• DV: San Filippo Plum Tree Farm, Barrington Hills, Illinois, in Color and in English, Summer 2000.
• DV: Southern/Central Spain—Art and Architecture. Study and Travel Field Experience, Spring 2000
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
• DV: Latin American Studies Open House, College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, May 10, 2000. Sponsored by the Latin American Committee.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND VISUAL GRAPHICS DESIGNS—THE ARTS
• Digital Photographs Asian Pacific American Dances and Folklore by Children from the Chicago Public Schools, Office of Language & Cultural Education, The 8th Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration, Wednesday, May 24, 2006, Richard J. Daley Center Plaza, Chicago Illinois, U.S.A.
• Digital Photographs from Holy Name Cathedral, Old St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, and St. Peter’s Catholic Church by Franciscan Friars in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
• “Tricolor Ribbon and Excellence Medal,” Designed Logo Graphic for I.C.T.F.L. Fall 2001.
• “Strawberries & Currants in the Sunlight,” from my Lombard garden, Summer 2001, Illinois.
• “Variegated Green Canadian Maple,” from the Montréal Botanical Gardens, Québec, Canada, 2001.
• “Peonies in Bloom.” from my Lombard garden, Summer 2000.
• Open House Poster for Latin American Studies Programme, College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, 2000.
• Poster for Canadian Travel, French Club, Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Spring 1980.
• “Autumn,” Original Charcoal Drawing, Madonna High School, Art Department, Sr. Sponsa, 1977.
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
• Asian-Pacific American Festival, Daley Center, May 2006, Students, Children from Chicago Public Schools Performing Cultural and Folkloric Dances, Office of Language & Cultural Education
• Contributions and Donations to the American Veterans
• Local, State, Federal Government, International, Global
• Health Care
• Project Management for Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Inc., Dewars Newspaper Software, etc.
• Computer Trainer for Software and Hardware
• Technical Troubleshooter, Hands-On PC, Media/Audio
• Technical Writer for Specifications, Reports, Documentation, etc.
• Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, experience with other software/hardware
• Typing Speed: 100 WPM
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST:
Communications, Languages & Culture, Inc. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Samuel R. Lewis & Associates, Consulting Engineers, Mr. Joseph “Joe” Pelletier, Mr. Albert Fuji, Mr. Manuel Cordero, Engineers for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing Services
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Inc., AES IBM Series with the University of Illinois at Chicago, Sears Tower Project
Babcock America Corporation, Roselle, Illinois
Northeastern Illinois University, Career Services, 5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625 USA
College of Du Page, Human Resources Department – Adult Continuing Education, Faculty,
425 Fawell Blvd. Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 | (630) 942-2800